Use Filters manually, for improved experience and consistent quality it is recommended to run the filtration package automatically. The filtration is a batch operation and hence the operating sequence runs through a number of distinct process steps, such as Filling, Prefiltration, Heel Volume Filtration and Back-flushing. Various process parameters, such as pressures, flow or turbidity can be measured and logged. These can give valuable input to understand the performance of the filtration package, compare individual filtration batches and optimise the protocols.
To simplify installation and operation, the compact control panel not only houses the PLC but also the custom made SU valves, solenoid valves and air filter regulator for the instrument air supply. Pump, agitator, instruments and instrument air are connected and the flexible single use tubing is easily attached to the valves.
The FundaStep Controller comes in two sizes:
- 400 x 300 x 200 mm (HxLxW)
- 600 x 300 x 200 mm (HxLxW)
While both controllers provide a total of 6 SU valves and 2 solenoid valves which is more than enough to operate the complete system, the larger housing allows for additional space to install custom instruments which can be attached to an additional DIN rail inside the box. Both housings have the same compact foot print.
The process is visualised on an iPad which connects to the controller via Bluetooth and can be placed anywhere within reach of signal. Valve positions, steps, timers and instrument values are all shown on the high resolution touch screen which allows for complete operator control of the sequence to run in various operating modes:
- Fully automatic loop filtration: The filtration cycle restarts automatically after reaching the end of the sequence
- Automatic single pass filtration: The filtration cycle stops after reaching the end of the filtration
- Step-by-step: The operator steps through the sequence manually
- Manual: The operator opens and closes each individual valve from the touch screen